Though the hot days of summer are still upon us, now is a great time to begin planning the fall cleaning tasks that will need to happen around your home when the leaves start to fall. Block out a weekend sometime over the next 8 weeks to get your home ready for winter.
Some tasks around the exterior of your home to consider are:
- Check weather stripping and caulking around exterior doors and windows and repair/replace as needed.
- Clean gutters and patio furniture.
- Disconnect hoses from hose bibs and store them in a protected environment for the winter.
- Inspect exterior paint and touch up as needed. Want to know how to perform paint touch-ups like a pro? Here’s how.
- Have your sprinkler system winterized by a professional landscaper. Click here for more information about how this is done.
Take advantage of a cold or rainy day and complete these interior tasks:
- Wash your windows and have window coverings professionally cleaned.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans. The inside of a pillow case is especially useful for cleaning the blades of a ceiling fan while containing the dust.
- Empty your kitchen cabinets and wipe them down, both inside and out.
- Have carpeting and rugs professionally cleaned.
- Organize your closets.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replace your furnace filter. Unsure how to do this? Click here.
- Test your sump pump to make sure that it is operating properly. Click here for a video on how to do this.
We hope that this list helps you as you plan to prepare your home for fall. Looking to purchase the home of your dreams? At Heritage Hills, we offer new luxury homes priced from the $900′s in a gated Lone Tree, Colorado community. We have homes available for immediate move in, or you can design your new home in either our Summit Collection or Overlook Collection. For more information about new South Denver luxury homes at Heritage Hills, contact Craig Penn via e-mail or call 303-706-0466.
The performance of the luxury real estate market in Denver continues to be strong. A recent report from Denver Real Estate Watch notes that June was a record month for luxury home sales in Metro Denver. June saw a 24.6% year-over-year increase in luxury sales. In addition, the median sales price was up 2.3% from the same month last year. Another key metric, days on market, dropped from 68.6 days in June of 2015 to 65.6 days in June of 2016.
These statistics go to show that luxury real estate is hot in the Denver area. At Heritage Hills, we offer new luxury homes in a conveniently-located gated Lone Tree community. Homes at Heritage Hills are priced from the $900′s. We currently have 2 homes available for quick move-in. Take advantage of one of these homes, skip the construction wait, and move into the brand-new home of your dreams by the end of summer!
9451 E. Winding Hill Ave: This home features 3-bedrooms, 2.5-bathrooms, over 3,300 finished square feet, Italian Country inspired exterior detailing and a wonderful, open floorplan. Click here for more info.
9452 E. Winding Hill Ave (pictured above): This stunning ranch home boasts 3-bedrooms, 3.5-bathrooms, over 4,100 finished square feet, extensive upgrades, a fully-landscaped homesite, and a finished basement. Click here to learn more.
For more information about the homes above, contact Craig Penn via e-mail or call 303-706-0466.
Keep things around your home in tip-top shape this summer by staying on top of common, seasonal home maintenance tasks. Now is a good time to prepare your home for the heat that is coming over the next couple of months. Below is a list of tasks to consider tackling now:
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure that they are functioning. Also consider replacing batteries as needed.
- Test your air conditioning system to make sure that it is cooling effectively. Also replace your current furnace filter with a clean one to maximize the efficiency of your HVAC system. Unsure how to replace your furnace filter? Check out this video.
- Clean ceiling fan blades with a damp rag or the inside of a pillowcase to contain dust.
- Give your barbeque grill a deep cleaning. Check out this informative video from Weber Grills.
- Sweep the flooring in outdoor living areas and clean dirt and dust from outdoor furniture.
- Now that drier days are upon us, consider having windows professionally cleaned.
- Add a layer of mulch to planting beds to repel weeds and help the ground retain moisture.
Heritage Hills is a gated community of new homes in Lone Tree, Colorado. We have new homes available both in our Summit Collection, priced from $1 million, and our Overlook Collection, priced from the $900′s. Skip the typical construction wait and take advantage of homes that are ready for immediate occupancy. Click here for more information.
9451 Winding Hill Ave.
By: Celebrity Custom Homes
This beautiful Italian-Country inspired home offers you the chance to own a new home in Heritage Hills without the typical construction wait. Featuring 3-bedrooms, 2.5-bathrooms, and over 3,300 square feet of living space, this nationally award-winning home plan is perfect for families and entertaining. Exterior features include stucco and stone finishes, wood detailing, paver walkways and driveway, and a covered entry loggia that leads to a private courtyard with fireplace.
The interior boasts extensive hardwood flooring, an open great room with fireplace, a dining room and a spacious kitchen. The gourmet kitchen will please even the most discerning cook with its large center island, professional-grade stainless steel appliances, slab granite countertops, and large hidden pantry.
The second level includes a loft with balcony overlooking the courtyard, an oversized laundry room with extensive cabinet space, two secondary bedrooms, one secondary bathroom and a luxurious master suite. The master suite features his and her closets and vanities, as well as a corner soaking tub and shower area. Click here to view additional photos and floorplans of this home.
Heritage Hills is a gated community of new homes in Lone Tree, Colorado that offers your family a thriving, close-knit community, renowned Douglas County schools, parks, playgrounds and two junior Olympic-sized pools. In addition, there are numerous resident activities and events to get to know your neighbors. To learn more about homes available in Heritage Hills call 303-706-0466 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now is the time to spend a little time in your garden getting it ready for summer. A recent article in Real Simple outlined the 5 steps that you should take now in order to maximize your success this summer.
1. Clean up – remove all of the leaves, branches and other debris that have ended up in your garden during the winter months.
2. Prep your garden tools – take all of your lawn and garden tools out of storage and clean them with soap and water. Also consider treating wooden handles with mineral spirits.
3. Give your soil some TLC – turn over the soil in your garden with a pitchfork and remove any weeds that are visible. Add compost to replenish nutrients and allow it to rest for a minimum of 2 weeks before planting.
4. Make a plan – refer to this chart to determine which plants are successful in the region that you live in.
5. Maintain it – once your garden is planted and growing, be sure to maintain your plants by “deadheading” old blooms to promote the growth of new blooms, also add mulch to prevent the growth of weeds.
Click here to read the full article on Real Simple’s website!
Spring is a great time to utilize a warm weekend day to prepare your home for the warm weather months that lie ahead. Below is a short to-do list to help you prepare for spring and summer:
• Get lawn and garden tools tuned up, sharpened and ready for use.
• Pull your outdoor furniture out of storage and inspect for damage to chairs, benches and cushions.
• Clean out your kitchen pantry, getting rid of old, out-of-date and seldom-used items.
• Wipe out kitchen cabinets and drawers as well as refrigerator shelves.
• Swap out winter weight bedding and comforters for more seasonally appropriate items.
• Have a carpet cleaner steam clean your area rugs.
• Launder/clean furniture slip covers, pillow covers, and shower curtains.
• Clean light fixtures and fan blades.
Heritage Hills is a gated luxury home community located in Lone Tree, Colorado. We offer new European-inspired homes in The Overlook priced from the $900′s, and new custom homes in The Summit priced from $1 million. Click here to view move-in ready homes, or call 303-706-0466 for more information.
The luxury real estate market in Metro Denver has started 2016 extremely strong. According to a recent report from Kentwood Real Estate, and this article in Denver Real Estate Watch, luxury home sales were up 85.7% in January. In addition, the median sales price was up 4% when compared to the same month in 2015. Sellers received, on average, 97% of their asking price, up from 96% in January 2015.
A strong real estate market, coupled with a thriving job market, and moderate climate make the Denver-area an excellent place to live. At Heritage Hills, we offer new homes in a highly-desirable gated Lone Tree location. Our community is close to I-25 and C-470, as well as highly-ranked Douglas County schools, Park Meadows, and the Denver Tech Center. We have homes available for quick move-in, click here to take a look. For more information, contact Craig Penn via e-mail or call 303-706-0466.
After an excellent year for local real estate in 2015, 2016 looks to be another strong year. Let’s begin by looking back at 2015:
In 2015, Metro home prices jumped nearly 10% according to a recent article in The Denver Business Journal. The article goes on to report that in addition to the brisk price increases, homes in Denver (and Oakland) sold faster than any other city with over half of all listings selling within 18 days! The average days on market for homes in Denver was 35 days, compared to the national average of 62 days.
As we look toward 2016, there are a number of factors that make it look like it could be another very positive year, as reported in this 9News article. Current mortgage rates are around 4% which is an historically low number. Even if the Fed chooses to raise rates in 2016, they will still likely be in the attractive 4% range. In addition, coupled with the momentum that the market carries over from 2015, the Denver Metro area continues to be an attractive place for people to live with our mild climate, strong economy and good job market.
Now is a great time to consider purchasing the home of your dreams at Heritage Hills. Click here to view our currently available homes!
People make New Year’s Resolutions like clockwork. Typically, we hear about hitting the gym more, losing weight, drinking less, eating healthier, or quitting smoking. Too often, they are broken in the first three weeks of the new year. Why not look at your resolutions in a different way?
Think about your resolutions in unique ways: things you want to get rid of, things you want to add to your life that could make it better, and simply committing to a change of mindfulness! Maybe you want to eat healthier. Educate yourself, learn about it, and perhaps pay it forward to a homeless shelter by delivering or serving a healthy meal.
Do you feel overwhelmed with work & family? Take some time to think about how you can manage it better. Add something to your life that helps you be a little more patient. Take some time to engage in your favorite hobby or sport so when you need to focus on everything else, you’ve had a little downtime.
Many people commit to dieting and exercising in the New Year. Do it, get healthier! But, maybe it’s also time to allow yourself to be accepting of your body and actually appreciate it.
You want to stop an unhealthy habit? Add another “routine” in place of it. Go through a ritual of making tea or meditating during those times you yearn to go back to your old ways. Whatever it is, make sure you really enjoy the process.
Whatever you do, be realistic, be creative, monitor your progress & make it fun. Congratulate yourself on your successes & be patient with yourself on the setbacks!
Just like you scrub and organize for “Spring Cleaning”, it’s equally important to prepare your home for the cold Winter months. Don’t be caught in the middle of a storm or during Thanksgiving dinner with a broken furnace or a leaky roof! Add these things to your to-do list before the big storms hit!
Have your heating system inspected. It’s better to schedule it now than to need a technician immediately, and no one is available for days. Measure for carbon dioxide leakage too. Have your roof inspected proactively as well! It’s easier to repair something now versus when it’s piled with snow for weeks at a time!
Reverse your ceiling fans. You’ll save on heating bills by doing this. Have fans spin clockwise so that the heat is pushed down into the room. Remember, hot air rises, so this little trick will keep your rooms nice and toasty.
There are some cleaning chores you’ll need to accomplish as well. Be sure to clean your gutters. You don’t want all the leaves of Fall to clog them up, leaving water to back up & sit on your roof if it can’t drain properly. Clean up, empty the tank and store your lawn mower. Emptying the tank will keep fuel from decomposing. Air out and cover your patio furniture. You’ll be thankful when the warm days of Spring hit, and you have a clean, dry place to sit.
Take a nice walk around the exterior of your home and look for any cracks. This includes the driveway! You’ll want to fill them and seal them so water can’t get in, resulting in bigger cracks.
Doing a few things in advance of Winter could save you headache, time & money down the road!